With a mission of Saving Pets, Enriching Lives, Michelson Found Animals Foundation is a national non-profit organization committed to keeping pets safe at home with the pet parents who love them. Through the first free national microchip registry, adoption services, animal advocacy, information and resources for pet parents, and grants for medical breakthroughs in non-surgical spay and neuter methods, Found Animals is using all our smarts and experience to obtain real, sustainable results and spread the joy pets bring to their human’s lives. Not your ordinary non-profit, we’re an innovative, mission-driven social enterprise, filled with people who have an extreme passion for pets and ideas to change the world for them. You can learn more at foundanimals.org.
The Office Assistant is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including greeting guests and offering them a beverage, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail.
- Ensure our office runs smoothly by managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations, coordinating with our different vendors, equipment is running and a good relationship is maintained with our building management.
- Ensure supplies are stocked, office and kitchen cleanliness is maintained, mail is distributed, team events run smoothly, and generally making sure the team can focus and not worry about the day to day.
- Perform various administrative tasks including expense reports, filing and creating and updating documents.
- Serve as the first point of contact to respond to end user requests via email, instant message, and phone to troubleshoot and resolve employee questions regarding software and hardware support.
- Install and provide routine maintenance on users’ laptops, printers, hardware and software.
- Refers major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors for service.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college/university or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Gmail and its other components, such as creating Calendar events, Google Drive, Google Forms and Google Docs.
- A technical, logical thought process.
- Problem-solving skills.
- A talented multi-tasker
- Someone who works well under pressure
- The opposite of flaky - you are reliable and responsible
- Training, certification or coursework relating to personal computers and networking components preferred.
- Basic knowledge, skills and experience in repair and maintenance of equipment, furniture, fixtures, facilities systems, grounds and structures.
- Great attitude and ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- A keen eye for detail including ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Occasional lifting of over 50lbs.
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities.
- Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, repairs etc.